Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5


   Day Five. The 366 Project. Picture # 5, "untitled". A little over three years ago I first saw this tunnel that empties in to Bull creek.The tunnel is designed to carry storm water and most of the year it only has a trickle of water. It is about ten feet in diameter and around two hundred feet long. On my first visit, I attempted to take this same picture but did not have enough experience to get the shot to come out how I envisioned it. It is a little tricky to get this picture because of the slippery rounded and uneven bottom of the pipe with low light conditions. My tripod was sitting with one leg in the water and the other two on the sloping walls of the pipe. My camera bag was hanging on the connection bolts that can be seen in the lower left corner of the picture. I broke one of my gear rules today. I forgot to zip the bag closed after getting out my strobe and almost dumped the rest of my lenses into the mudddy water. Quick hands and a whole lot of luck averted ruined camera gear. Canon Rebel XTI on tripod, Canon 28-135mm lens, focal length 28mm, f/22, multiple exposures, with strobe. Any additional questions please contact me at jaybaum23@yahoo.com .

2 comments:

  1. It's as if you are looking out on to a mountain stream instead of Bull Creek. I like the way the ragged edge of the tunnel gives a torn paper effect to the central image (Scrapbooker's perspective!)

    ReplyDelete