Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16

Day Sixteen. 366 Project. Picture # 16. "Reaching for the Sky". If you could see just outside the upper edge of this picture, you would be seeing the underside of the Loop 1 bridge. The camera and tripod is about one third of the way out from the north side of the pedestrian bridge which crosses underneath the Loop 1 auto bridge. This bridge is part of the Lady Bird Lake Hike & Bike Trail. http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/downloads/thetrailatladybirdlakeweb2010.pdf . It was a beautiful afternoon to take a walk along the lake. Weather was pleasant and the lighting was muted and perfect for pictures. There were people of all ages running, biking and just enjoying being outside. One gentleman had been fishing but lamented the fact he had no fish to show for it. We walked together for a few minutes talking about fishing. We said our good byes and went our separate ways. I was studying a cypress tree full of double-crested cormorants when a runner stopped and asked me if I knew the name of "those birds" as she pointed up into the tree. I shared what I knew and deciding that I did not see a picture moved on down the lake. My last encounter was with a father and his daughter. I was already set up shooting a sequence of bracketed exposures when they walked up. The father gave the little girl some food to throw to the ducks. He pointed to some ducks to the side and said "throw over there". The child pondered his instructions, Then told him in a serious voice, "I can not, my arm is not that mighty !". A wonderful moment. On that note I called it a day. Canon Rebel XTI on tripod. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 60mm. f/5.6. ISO 400. 1/250 second. Any additional questions please contact me at jaybaum23@yahoo.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment