Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 18

Day Eighteen. 366 Project. Picture # 18. "Lighting a New Day. Title name was suggested to me by my friend and art enthusiast Cindy Thoreson. This picture most likely feels familiar if you have been following my other postings. The camera and tripod were standing in almost the same location as it was for Day 16 picture. Both were shot from the pedestrian bridge which runs under Loop 1car bridge in Austin, Texas. Pictures sixteen and eighteen are little like reading a book. Stories always start at the front  and they all end at the back. A book can start as one thing and by the conclusion the reader may be surprised by where the story ended up. Shooting pictures at opposite ends of the day from the same location is similar to the changing storylines of a book. There is a sense of of "I know this story, but the plot has changed. Well here is an example of how the same picture can be very different when the time is shifted by almost twelve hours. I have also included a picture taken with my iPhone of my main camera aimed at Day 18 scene. Canon Rebel XTI on tripod. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 47mm. f/29. ISO 400. Exposure 1/100 second. Any additional questions please contact me at jaybaum23@yahoo.com .

2 comments:

  1. Lighting makes all the difference in the mood and coloration of the setting. I had to go back and look at day 16 to see that it was the same location. Day 18 has the trees backlit to be transparent. The warmth and yellow tones of Day 18 sun rise create a feeling of optimism about the new day. Day 16 is grey and cloudy and wintry in contrast to Day 18. (Too bad you couldn't get a bird to fly through Day 18:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice analysis of the pictures. I had not noticed how the cypress trees had almost disappeared.Thanks for your always insightful comments.

    ReplyDelete