Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 21

Day Twenty One. 366 Project. Picture # 21. "$8 Camera". My eight dollar Argus camera from Goodwill. I collect "old things". I have always been a collector. It started when I was a very young child. By the time I was a teenager my bedroom was full of antique "things". I had a saying, "If there was more than one of it, I wanted a collection of it". As I became older and a tiny bit wiser I sold and gave away a lot of my stuff. Taking pictures became a form of collecting for me. It filled the same emotional need to find things and bring them home. But there is always a catch. As I became more serious about photography I became interested in the old camera equipment. I found them visually fascinating. Back to Goodwill. In an attempt to stretch my photography budget I started checking in on the weekly auctions at my local store for things like tripods, lenses and camera bags. One day I noticed in the bin of used cameras this classic Argus camera. I doubted it would even function but when I saw the external gears on the adjustment wheels, I fell in love with it. Well now I have a collection of old camera stuff. This eight dollar Argus is to blame. Canon Rebel XTI on Tripod. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 70mm. f/20. ISO 1600. Exposure 1/200 second.

No comments:

Post a Comment