Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 301. October 27. Countdown 65 Days.


Day Three Hundred One. October 27. Countdown 65 Days. Picture # 301. "By the Sea". This abandoned house and tractor sits right on the edge of the Gulf of Mexico. Only a thin stretch of beach  serves as the dividing line between land and sea. This scene is outside of Port Lavaca, Texas. http://www.portlavaca.org/ . I wanted to shoot the marine enviroment as a change in pace from my central Texas shooting. So I visited Port Lavaca, Point Comfort and the beach community of Indianola. When you run out of road you know you have found Indianola. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianola,_Texas . Lucky for me there was a fish camp and marina at the end of the road with friendly owners that grilled me up a wonderful hamburger and served it to me on their deck overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. A very nice day for me. I took a lot of pictures. I found a lot of good subjects but this house and tractor ended up as my favorite. I am still editing the days shooting but I am posting a album named "Port Lavaca" on Facebook with more pictures. Canon Rebel T3i, handheld. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 65mm. f/20. ISO 400. Exposure 1/250 second. 

No comments:

Post a Comment