Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 293. October 19. Countdown 73 Days.


Day Two Hundred Ninety Three. October 19. Countdown 73 Days. Picture # 293. "New Ride, Old Car". I was getting into my truck when I noticed the shadows on the road. I was thinking it would be neat setting to take a picture of some interesting car. The only trouble is the road I was on is Old Lampasas Trail which is both a dead end and lightly traveled. While shooting earlier I had heard a car drive by. I had not paid enough attention to even know whether it was coming or going, much less what kind of car it was. With a potential future picture in mind, I looked at the road scene through the viewfinder of the camera trying to think who I knew that had some classic car . . . About this time I started hearing the deep throaty rumble of a big V8 engine somewhere near by. As the sound became louder, I was quite surprised to see an Cadillac convertible from the late 1970s driving toward the very spot I wanted to take a picture. It kept getting better. The top was down with four men as passengers and the car had the Continental package with it's trademark rear mounted spare tire. I had the opportunity to grab one picture. I had been wishing for a classic car and one appeared. I now know, I would have set my sights a little higher if I had known one wish would be granted for me today. . . Oh well, still a fun picture. Canon Rebel T3i, handheld. Canon 75-300 lens. Focal length 75mm. f/8. ISO 400. Exposure 1/800 second.

No comments:

Post a Comment