Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 287. October 13. Countdown 79 Days.

 
Day Two Hundred Eighty Seven. October 13. Countdown 79 Days. Pictures # 287 A,B,C,B. (Pictured above) "Standing Before the Court". Dennis Rust, A friend and fellow photo enthusiast sent me an email about public tours of the Williamson County Courthouse that were being offered today. http://www.williamson-county-historical-commission.org/Courthouse/Williamson_County_Texas_Courthouse.htm . Robert Payne (photographer & historian) was conducting the one hour tours. Photography was not only allowed but actively encouraged. Mr Payne and everyone involved with the tour were friendly and knowledgeable. I was anticipating mostly shooting architectural details and and abstracts. But as we were inspecting one of the court rooms, I saw this shot setting up. This gentleman was there with what appeared to be his girlfriend who was helping with the tours. Court rooms are intimidating places. As the scene unfolded, I could imagine a real court room scene with this young man standing before the judge with his hands restrained behind his back. My camera is resting on the floor for this shot. I wanted to capture the vastness of the space juxtaposed by how small and lonely it must feel to stand before the justice system awaiting judgement. Truth be told both he and his girlfriend were very polite outgoing people. I do not believe he will ever be in this situation. The courthouse is beautifully restored and I did find some of the pictures I was expecting. Additional pictures appear below. Canon Rebel T3i, handheld. Bower Fisheye lens. ISO 800. Exposure 1/40 second.
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment: