Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 327. November 22. Countdown 39 Days.

 
Day Three Hundred Twenty Seven. November 22. Countdown 38 Days. Picture # 327. "Shining Light". This portrait is of my best friend Tracy Jackson. Tracy is not only a friend but she is reason for the 366 Project. She is the person who suggested it to me back in the closing days of 2011. She is also my muse, suggesting many of the ideas for pictures. She has patiently accompanied me on some of my drives and has suffered through my ups and downs of trying to keep this project going. This picture was a candid spontaneous exposure. Tracy and I had been running some errands together and had just pulled into her driveway when she and I noticed the afternoon sun visually setting the fall leaves on fire in her front yard. As I was shooting, Tracy came into my field of view, her hair was glowing from being backlit by the sunshine. I grabbed four quick pictures. I could have stopped shooting, I already knew I had captured the brightest light that I could find. Thank you Tracy. You are always the brightest of light to your family and friends. Canon Rebel T3i, handheld. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 56mm. f/13. ISO 400. Exposure 1/160 second with popup flash -2.

No comments:

Post a Comment