Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 314. November 9. Countdown 52 Days.


Day Three Hundred Fourteen. November 9. Countdown 52 Days. Picture # 314. "Untitled" I drove by this old fire truck for over a year before I noticed it. It was hidden most of the year by the low hanging branches of a oak tree. The truck is slowly rusting away in the back corner of a small pasture on Spicewood Springs road in Austin,Texas. It was late fall after the leaves had fallen when I first caught a glimpse of the truck from the road. Today I was surprised to see the truck easily even though it was to early in the fall for the leaves to have dropped. While editing the picture I realized the land owner had recently grazed some cattle in this field and the cows had stripped the lower branches off of the trees as high as they could reach. So I have a couple of hungry cows to thank for today's picture. Canon Rebel T3i, handheld. Canon 75-300mm lens. Focal length 300mm. f/6.3. ISO 400. Exposure 1/800 second.

No comments:

Post a Comment