Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 306. November 1. Countdown 60 Days.


Day Three Hundred Six. November 1. Countdown 60 Days. Picture # 306. "Untitled". Second day of my Don Quixote like quest for a "Day of the Dead" (DotD) picture. I left work and went to see a friend's daughter play volleyball on her school team. Plan "A" had me  leaving right after the match, to run to a local import shop that primarily stocks handcrafted products from Mexico. I had seen DotD items in there before. I planned to ask the owner/manager if I could shoot a few pictures with my Canon T3i. Plan "B" was to grab some iPhone pics if there were objections to the big camera. Well it never became an issue. The shop was gone, another victim of this horrible economy. So on to plan "C". Drive down to south Austin again to visit the previous days cemetery to see if it had been decorated. I do not know if it was decorated or not. I35 was backed up because of a wreck and I ran out of daylight. I was trying very hard to come up with other DotD options. I conceded defeat for time # 1 and decided to shoot long exposures of the local traffic through the  front windows of the company I work for. After shooting a while I received a text from my good friend Tracy Jackson, it was a picture of an ad from Whole Foods featuring DotD fresh made cookies. So I had a new "plan"! Off to Whole Foods to buy some cookies. Alas they were out of the cookies. I conceded defeat for time # 2. If you read Day 305 you know I started this quest because of my friend Cindy Thoreson. Sorry Cindy, I will try again next year. Maybe I will go to Mexico. Canon Rebel T3i, on tripod. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 50mm. f/29. ISO 100. Exposure 206 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment