Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 274. September 30. Countdown 92 Days.

 
Day Two Hundred Seventy Four. September 30. Countdown 92 Days. Picture # 274. "Untitled". A late season tiger swallowtail butterfly feeding on a purple sage also known as Texas sage. A thank you to Tracy Jackson. She helped me tonight by catching that I had misindentified the plant as a mountain laurel when I first posted Day 274. She also shared that the Texas sage is sometimes called the barometer bush because it's flowering is triggered by high humidity or high water content in the soil. This evening on Facebook my cousin Kenneth Moe wrote this "Sometimes the images choose the artist". This picture exemplifies what he is referring to. I went to the land tonight knowing there was going to be a great sunset. Well there was a great sunset but this guy stole the show. I have included some sunset pictures below. Canon Rebel T3i, handheld. Canon 75-300mm lens. Focal length 300mm. f/5.6. ISO 400. Exposure 1/2000 second.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: