Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 255. September 11.

 
Day Two Hundred Fifty Five. September 11. Picture # 255. "Untitled".  Went to Saint Edwards Park today. http://www.austinexplorer.com/Locations/ShowLocation.aspx?LocationID=1393 . Everything seemed to be hiding from the bright sun. I wandered around shooting backlit leaves, some fish in the creek but nothing real interesting. A different approach was needed. I picked a spot and set up the camera & tripod. And waited. I tried to move as little as possible. Pretty soon small things started to appear or either I started seeing through the filters of preconception that were blinding me . There were leaves bobbing in the creek bending the surface of the water creating beautiful shadows on the creek bed. A butterfly was harvesting mineral salts deposited on a rock. Bugs were swimming and flitting all around me and occasionally landing close by. My eye discerned a striped pattern in a deep shadow. I zoomed in to find a skink taking shelter from the sun. Once again I have been reminded how big your world can become when you take time to notice the small things. Canon Rebel XTI, on tripod. Canon 75-300mm lens. Focal length 300mm. f/7.1. ISO 200. exposure 1/500 second.
 


1 comment:

  1. WOW! I am amazed at the detail that can be seen in that photo of the dragonfly. The skink is also very cool.

    ReplyDelete