Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 54. February 23.


Day Fifty Four. February 23. Picture # 54. "Untitled". Never give up on a sunset. As I drove out into the country side this afternoon, I was concerned that the heavy gray cloud cover was going to really shorten my shooting window and limit my options. I quickly found a nice stream scene with good lighting and high stone cliffs that would be a good choice for an HDR image. While getting into position I got my feet tangled in some loose barbed wire hidden in the tall grass and rocks. I tripped and fell but managed to keep the gear off of the ground. A few scrapes and cuts, more bruised pride than actual damage. So in other words not a great start to shooting. I got my bracketed set of exposures. Nice images but nothing exciting. I decided to change course and head out to Lago Vista to scout locations for another day. I found a subdivision that wrapped around a small mountain. It appeared as if only sold a few lots had been sold so far. The roads wind up and down the small mountain but as I explored I realized what a great place it would be to shoot sunsets from. In a case of being in the right place at the right time the sun came out from behind the gray and set the sky on fire. As I was shooting, I received a picture of the same sunset from my friend Tracy Jackson. She wanted to be sure I was not missing it. The picture of the camera below is the actual setup of todays picture. As I walked back to the parked truck I could not resist the cliche sunset in the truck window pic. Canon Rebel XTI on tripod. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 112mm. f/22. ISO 200. Exposure 1/20 second


1 comment: