Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 50. February 19.


Day Fifty. February 19. "School Holiday". I left Jacksonville Florida at 7:15 AM 2/18/12 eastern time. I drove non-stop to Austin, Texas, arriving at 1:00 AM 2/19/12. I stopped only briefly for gas and food. There was one detour for taking a set of pictures. Needless to say I have been dragging today. I spent the better part of the day editing pictures from the trip. I almost forgot about getting out to get the picture for today. But once again as luck would have it, there was a pretty sunset. All I needed was some interesting foreground. I had previously noted a neat tree was in a good position for sunset pictures at a near by school. Upon arrival I was disappointed to find the gate locked to the area where the tree was. Running out of both time and light, I remembered one of the driving reasons for undertaking the 366 Project was to force myself to see my everyday world with a fresh eye. So with my gear in hand I began walking around the track. Nothing, maybe I was just tired. There was nothing. Then in one of those flashes of clarity. Nothing was the answer. I used this point of view and a wide angled lens trying to capture the emptiness of this school on a holiday weekend. Canon Rebel XTI on tripod. Canon 18-55mm lens. Bower Super Wide lens. Focal length 37mm. f/4.5. ISO 200. Exposure 1/30second. 

1 comment:

  1. The wow in the everday. The scene we've all seen countless times, but yet not really seen.

    ReplyDelete