Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 41. February 10.

Day Forty One. February 10. Picture # 41. "Untitled". I decided to set some rules for todays shooting. First rule was I could only select one lens. I chose my 75-300mm zoom. Second rule was whatever my first shot was, I had to stay within the same shooting style. I was at Richard Garriott's Lake Austin property which offers many picture opportunities.There is always a chance of encountering wildlife and the 300mm would give me good options for reaching out and grabbing the shot. So I sat down on the ground and leaned back against a tree to wait and see if any creatures would show up. As I waited the sun dropped lower in the sky and started back lighting a patch of small purple flowers. I liked what the light was doing to the flowers so I set up the tripod 18" off of the ground and started shooting. The pattern was set. The picture must be a shallow depth of field with backlighting. I ended up not being impressed with any of the flower pictures. But as I framed this picture of a grass seed head, I knew it was going to be Day Forty One. Canon Rebel XTI. Canon 75-300mm zoom lens. Focal length 155mm. f/5. ISO 200. Exposure 1/250 second.

No comments:

Post a Comment