Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 70. March 10.


Day Seventy. March 10. Picture # 70. "The Rain Stopped" I woke up this morning to the sound of rain on the roof. I drove through hard rain on the way to the convention center where I was working to set up exhibits for South by Southwest. http://sxsw.com/ . When I left work late in the afternoon, I was soaked as I walked out to my truck. It was still raining as I made my trip out to Richard Garriott's Lake Austin property. Sitting in my truck with the rythmatic thumping of the windshield wipers keeping time for the rain drops on my roof, dampened my spirits and expectations of getting any pictures. I must have dozed off because the loud squeal of wipers dragging across a dry window brought me back from whatever place the hypnotic sound of the rain had taken me. The picture of the day had been hiding behind the rain. Canon Rebel XTI, on tripod. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 136mm. f/5.6. ISO 200. Exposure 1/40 second.

No comments:

Post a Comment