Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 74. March 14.


Day Seventy Four. March 14. Picture # 14. "Untitled" There is an optimistically placed for sale sign in front of this building outside of Volente Beach. The exterior is natural flat limestone that was laid with considerable skill. I originally stopped to get a picture of the stonework and the afternoon storm clouds.As I looked inside the building something about the scene attracted my interest. This happens to me occasionally, I will like a scene and take the picture but I can not figure out what caught my eye until editing begins. Later, I knew that I missed the shot within the shot. The window to the right is creating an abstract frame for the red bud blooming in the background. I cropped the picture below out of the original to demonstrate how a single element can make the rest of a picture be of interest to me. The quality of the cropped image is low. If I had seen the picture while I was on the scene, I would have set up the shot specifically to take the widow and the red bud tree. Canon Rebel XTI, on tripod. Canon 18-55mm lens.Bower Superwide lens. Focal length 34mm


No comments:

Post a Comment