Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 164. June 12.


Day One Hundred Sixty Four. June 12. Picture # 164. "Levi's Blanket". Cindy Thoreson is making this incredible baby blanket for a child named Levi. She asked me if I could help her get some pictures of it before she gave the gift away. I agreed, but when I saw the intricate detail and fine workmanship, mixed with the colors and textures; I knew this would have to be one of my pictures of the day. I have included a overview of the blanket in the picture below. I asked Cindy how many stitches would be in the blanket this size. She pointed to one small ring of color and said there were over 500 stitches in that ring alone. She did the math after I left and sent me this explanation, "The blanket is made with single, double and triple crochet stitches so the stitches are different sizes but for a quick idea in 1 square inch there are 24 double crochets. The blanket is 30 x 30 so simple multiplication gives us 21,600 stitches." This blanket obviously was a labor of love and I thank Cindy for sharing it with me. Canon Rebel XTI, on tripod. Canon 75-300mm lens. Focal length 155mm. f/5. ISO 100. Exposure 1/15 second.


No comments:

Post a Comment