Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 157. June 5.



Day One Hundred Fifty Seven. June 5. Picture # 157. "Transit of Venus". This is a sight that will not be repeated for 105 years. The faint dot in the top right quadrant of the Sun is Venus. I did not have the correct filters to shoot directly into the bright sun so I had to improvise. Before the clouds moved in I had stacked two filters on the lens to cut down on light and was wearing two pair of sun glasses to look into the view finder with out hurting my eyes. I would like to thank my friend James Barnes for explaining to me what a rare photo opportunity the Venus Transit would be. I would also like to thank Jill Jackson for reminding me about the event. http://news.yahoo.com/transit-venus-begins-venus-crosses-sun-last-time-222441091.html. Canon Rebel XTI, on tripod. Canon 75-300mm lens. Bower Neutral Density Filter # 4. Bower Color Polarizer. Focal length 300mm. F/45. ISO 100. Exposure 1/640 second.

No comments:

Post a Comment