Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 103. April 12.


Day One Hundred Three. April 12. Picture # 103. "Fireplug in the Forest". This is a case of "not seeing the forest for the trees". I had about twenty minutes to find my picture today, because I only had a small window of time that I could meet my best friend for dinner. I wanted to see her before I left town for the weekend. Well anyway, back to the forest and the trees. There is a very wild greenbelt that is just down the street from my apartment. I enjoy hiking and shooting in this area because it gets very few visitors and it offers varied scenery. So I needed a quick but still interesting picture. This fire hydrant is located in an improbable location in the woods within the greenbelt. I walk by this scene everytime I visit this area, but I never noticed the bright red hydrant with it's many layers of paint. Nor did I notice how the red stands in contrast to the vivid green foliage with the flowers as punctuation marks. A big part of the 366 Project was to force myself to look harder at my daily world and train myself to see the little rectangles of art that surround us. It is obvious I am still letting familiarity cloud my vision. "Pictures are moments in time, look around, the moments are everywhere". Canon Rebel XTI, handheld. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 28mm. f/4.5. ISO 800. Exposure 1/250 second.

No comments:

Post a Comment