Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 345. December 10. Countdown 21 Days.

 
Day Three Hundred Forty Five. December 10. Countdown 21 Days. Picture # 345. "Untitled". One of the things that I hoped to accomplish with the 366 Project was to make myself see my daily world in a more complete way. Many things I had overlooked came into a new focus for me. Things I had stopped seeing became new sharp images once again. The process still seems to have it's blind spots. I have found myself having to travel further each dayfor pictures or to struggle to find fresh views of often shot subjects. Today I ran into one of those "blind spots". 183 is a nearby major road that that runs north and south close to my apartment. It is the gateway to many of my photo drives. I have been driving by this abandoned building all year and never saw it. It sits a little ways off of the road and can easily be seen, "if" you are looking at it. The reason for me not seeing it is because it is close to a merging side road and a turn around. Safe driving habits, makes me look to the left in this area watching for traffic. So habit has kept me from seeing it. Today I left work early and headed north on 183. I had the road all to my self. I looked right instead of left. Old habits die hard. Canon Rebel T3i, handheld. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 28mm. f/5.6. ISO 400. Exposure 1/800 second.

No comments:

Post a Comment