Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 340. December 5. Countdown 26 Days.

 
Day Three Hundred Forty. December 5. Countdown 26 Days. Picture # 340. "Portal". I have been thinking a lot about the end of this project. The numbers and logistics of keeping it going. To shoot a picture, edit and post it is a minimum of 1-2 hours a day. Shots on location nearby add about two hours. If I go one one of my drives after work the total for that day's picture is in the 4-6 hour range. My weekend trips and overnight trips can involve as many as 30-32 hours spent on directly on this project. By years end I estimate I will have over 2000 hours in this endeavor.This year I have driven over 43,000 miles in my truck. I have shot tens of thousands of pictures. Today I did none of the above. I took out my camera and took three exposures of my keyboard. I edited it in about three minutes. Today I realized it may be the most important piece of equipment in this project.  It is my way of interfacing with my editing software. But once the pictures are edited, then what? This project would be meaningless without having the ability to share it.Through this keyboard is my portal into your world. Thank you for letting me in. Canon Rebel T3i. handheld. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 28mm. f/4.5. ISO 400. Exposure 1/80 second, with pop up flash -2.

No comments:

Post a Comment