Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 208. July 26.


Day Two Hundred Eight. July 26. Picture # 208. "Untitled". Driving out to the northeast of Austin, the topography becomes flat and communities are more spread out. It is a land of agriculture and big sky. When I think the clouds, dust and Sun are right for a nice sunset, I grab the gear and head out on the toll roads which with it's 80 mph speed limits allows me to get out of the city quickly. Once I leave the highway and the small farm to market roads become my route my speed drops to a crawl as I scan all around looking for the perfect foreground to put in front of the sunset. It is not unusual to find the perfect spot only to be disappointed by a boring sunset. Today was the opposite problem. I was in an area without any trees or structures to use as foreground but the sunset was nice. Luckly the field had not been harvested yet so I aimed low using  the grain heads to complete the picture. Canon Rebel T3i, on tripod. Canon 28-135mm lens. Focal length 53mm. f/29. ISO 400. Exposure 1/160 second.

No comments:

Post a Comment